The Society journal
The journal is published quarterly. Content, which must have some O'Donoghue (however spelt) content, can include material on:
- The History of the Irish, Family History,
- What my other/father/grandparent told me? (short family stories of any sort),
- Biographies - people, organisations and businesses,
- The O'Donoghue Hall of Fame (with focus on different areas of accomplishment),
- Folk-tales, Poetry,
- What's in a name? (how name variants arose),
- Distribution of the name,
- O'Donoghue places (of all sorts),
- O'Donoghues in the News,
- Visits to Ireland,
- O'Donoghue gatherings,
- O'Donoghue recipes,
- Society coordinators in action,
- Members' search enquiries,
- Snippets - amusing, serious, instructive, stranger than fiction, of the famous and the infamous, and anything else that would make a good short piece!
Without your personal contributions and regular feedback there will be no journal. I will help any contributor with research and writing where required. I see my primary role as editor, but will write articles myself.
Material from guests is welcomed and, if provided, entitles the author to a free copy of the journal in which it is included.
Click here to the see the content of all the past issues of the online society journal
Click here to see our list of regular contributors to which you are welcome to add your name