Munster Irish Y-DNA Project
Rod O’Donoghue, founder of The O'Donoghue Society, has kindly offered space on the Society website to provide additional information relating to the Munster Irish Y-DNA Project being administered at Family Tree DNA. The accompanying webpages supplement the Munster Irish Y-DNA Project’s website at www.familytreedna.com/public/MunsterIrish, which contains the following information:
About this group:
A Short History of Irish and Munster Genealogy
The Ancestral Haplotypes of Munster
Y-DNA Results – Spreadsheet of all haplotypes
Features on this Site:
On this auxiliary website you will find:
1. A spreadsheet containing details of the surnames included in the project, with tribal affiliations when known, territories, spelling variants and sources used to obtain this data
2. An alternative presentation of Y-DNA Results classified by haplogroup and / or haplotype
3. Maps identifying the family origins of all participants who have provided this information, divided into groups coinciding with both the three ancestral haplotypes and also by tribe
4. Phylogenetic trees identifying tribal affiliations
5. A more complex analysis of different aspects of the relevance of the data provided by the project participants.
**Note: not all features are currently online, but they will be coming shortly. Please check periodically to see our additions.
We welcome questions, feedback and suggestions to improve the quality of our presentation.
1st November 2013