Terms And Conditions
Please read this carefully. By accessing The O'Donoghue Society web site ("the Site") you are agreeing to the terms that appear below. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com These Terms were last updated on 14th March 2003
This Site is owned and operated by The O'Donoghue Society. As a user, you will be able to access material on areas of the Site without going through a registration process. There is no specific time limit applying to your access and use of the Site on these terms. However, The O'Donoghue Society reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use of the Site at any time. It may exercise this right with or without notice. If applicable, notice will be given to your e-mail address as notified to The O'Donoghue Society. In that event, notice will be deemed to be served three hours after transmission or posting.
Use of Content
All information material on the Site belongs to the society or has been contributed by members or guests. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your personal use. We have tried to ensure that all information we provide through this web site is correct at the time we included it. The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for your own research or independent advice. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of The O'Donoghue Society for any errors, omissions, or misleading (but not fraudulent) statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect, including any feature or aspect of such site or pages, whether provided by The O'Donoghue Society or by any organisation, company or individual.
Except as expressly set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions contained in the preceding sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from The O'Donoghue Society:
- redistribute any of the content;
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of Content made under these Terms;
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content.
Software and JavaÂ™ Security
The O'Donoghue Society may from time to time give you the option to modify your browser to enable you to access certain requested services along with other applications. In that event, a dialogue box will be shown on your screen requiring your authorisation for the modification to proceed. By clicking the 'Grant' button (or equivalent) on the dialogue box, you will allow The O'Donoghue Society to modify your browser to enable you to view the service on your screen at the same time as you work on other applications. The dialogue box may display a 'high risk' notice. The reason for this is that this modification makes it technically possible for the browser to be used by The O'Donoghue Society for other purposes.
The O'Donoghue Society guarantees to you that such modification will only be used to view the requested service with other applications and (if you have clicked on 'Remember this decision') to view in a similar way any other service you may specifically request from The O'Donoghue Society in the future.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this Site are at your sole risk and responsibility. The site is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis and The O'Donoghue Society does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the site or any content. All implied warranties are excluded from these terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law. Additionally,
- The O'Donoghue Society will not be liable for any losses, costs, claims or damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits) arising in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory authority) or otherwise from your access to or use, or inability to use the site or any content or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the site or any content.
- The Site contains links to other World Wide Web sites, either directly or through frames and, where possible, we will make clear where such links are being made. Those sites are provided by independent third parties and The O'Donoghue Society is not responsible for their availability or content.
The O'Donoghue Society will never sell personal information or share personal information with third parties unrelated to The O'Donoghue Society. At The O'Donoghue Society we use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
- How customers use The O'Donoghue Society and the feedback they give us helps us develop and enhance the site.
- If you respond to a promotion or competition we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so that we can fulfil the promotion, notify competition winners and track the popularity of our marketing activity.
Changes to these Terms
The O'Donoghue Society reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site. When terms are changed, The O'Donoghue Society will [notify you by e-mail] or by publishing details of those changes by including them at the end of these Terms (see "Changes to these Terms"). If you use the Site and The O'Donoghue Society has published or notified you of the changes, you are agreeing now to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by those changes, you should not use the Site any further after they are published at the end of these Terms or after you [receive notice] of them.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Events Beyond Our Control
We will not be responsible for any breach of this Contract caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Trade Marks, service marks, and logos (the 'Trade Marks') used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of The O'Donoghue Society and others.
- Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on the Site, without written permission from The O'Donoghue Society. The name of The O'Donoghue Society may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without prior, written permission.
- The O'Donoghue Society prohibits use of the The O'Donoghue Society logo as a 'hot' link to the site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by The O'Donoghue Society in writing.
Java is a trade mark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.