The Family History
The O'Donoghue Family History Database consists of six main features
- Access to members' and guests research interests
via name variant (link) pages, on which are shown members'
personal details and their interests.
View all name variants.
- An area of the web site where members' family history data and trees are shown.
- Pictures of O'Donoghue people and places
- A number of external data resources held by the society and its members in many formats, which are available for sharing.
- Music and songs which are associated with the O'Donoghue name
- A register of contacts arising from enquiries and family history data received over many years of acting as the worldwide focus for O'Donoghue research (however spelt).
Research interests register
All specific research interests submitted by society researchers can be viewed via this register. Searches for christian name, surname and county in Ireland can be carried out.
View research interests of the O'Donoghues
Members' family history data and trees are shown on this page, and the trees are also held on the Shared resources, where they may be searched to help researchers see where connections may lie.
View genealogies of the O'Donoghues
Also you can contribute to our database using this special form.
The Shared resources
Members have a considerable volume of data which has been gathered during their research. It may take the form of CDs, tapes, microfiches, files they have extracted from external records (eg all the Donoghues from the County Kerry parish registers) and any other resource that contains data which they would be willing to make available to others. Any person listed on this register is willing to look up information in the records shown against their name.
Songs, ballads, poems.are part of the heritage in many parts of the world. A snatch of some of them is given on this page. Where known the history of the piece will be given.