John H. Donohue, of Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania, is a man much respected in his community, and one who by strict morality and integrity of purpose furnishes an excellent example to others. He is one of the representative business men of Sharon Hill. He was born in West Philadelphia, December 22, 1863, son of Michael and Rose (Sullivan) Donohue, relatives of Ireland, from which country they came to the United States about the year 1855, locating in West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where her (Rose) death occured. After settling in this country, Michael Donohue followed the occupation of drover and butcher, and he spent his last days in Sharon Hill. He and his wife were the parents of six children, all of whom are living at the present time (1913). John Harold Donohue attended the public schools of West Philadelphia until twelve years of age, and then assisted his father in the butcher business, becoming thoroughly familiar with that occupation, which he followed for a number of years. In 1887 he engaged in the meat business on his own account, locating at the corner of Seventy-Second Street and Woodland Aenue, and continued the same until 1895, meeting with a fair degree of success. In the latter named year, he removed to Sharon Hill and for the following ten years was employed in the meat business, working with various parties, and in 1905 established a meat and grocery store in Sharon Hill, of which he is the proprietor at the present time (1913). He is moderate in his charges, keeps nothing but the best of goods, and being a man of keen business acumen, success has crowned his efforts. He is a communicant of the Holy Spirit Church amd a member of the Catholic Benevolent League. Mr. Donohue married, in 1889, Anna A. Beers. They had 14 children, but only 12 living at this time. Mr. Donohue is a man of progressive ideas, and he is giving his children the best possible educational advantages in order that they may be fitted for the duties of life. The Donohue Family Grocery remained in the family until 1944.